Chinese Toolbox FREE 7.1.0 — August 31, 2007
The first product release of the Chinese Toolbox project
- Works with both simplified and traditional characters.
- Editable character dictionary: Fields with red borders are editable.
- Six levels of character understanding (or knowledge): 0 — character unknown to user; 1 — begin unassisted reading;
2 to 5 — successive, user-defined degrees of character understanding.
- Character time-stamping: Characters are stamped with the current time when they are viewed, either via the reader or
the dictionary. These time-stamps are used to order the characters for reviewing in date order. Characters that haven’t been viewed for the longest are shown first.
- Character review modes: (a) according to understanding levels, (b) according to character time-stamps.
- Supports multiple users on a single computer. Install the software once. When you log on and start Chinese Toolbox FREE the first time, default data files are copied from the installation folder to a new Chinese Toolbox folder in your
Documents folder. Your personal Chinese Toolbox data is stored in this folder. When other users log on to the same computer, they get their own copy of the default data files.
- Unicode based: All characters, definitions, and pronunciations come from the Unihan database, Unihan.txt.
See the updates for
← Chinese Toolbox and Toolbox Coding
especially the new Chinese Toolbox 18.104.22.168.